During the Day 3 of the 2nd APC which was held on 24 - 29th May 2022 , SaBC involved in the local community & indigenous group discussion.
WG1: Nature-based Solutions for health and well being
Lead: Ministry of the Environment, Japan
Dr. Julenah Ag Nuddin , a member of Sabah Biodiversity Council, from Universiti Teknologi MARA, Sabah presented a paper on : Traditional Plants of Sabah Malaysia : Scientific Progress for Modern Applications.
WG4: Effective Protected & Conserved Areas
Session 6: Measuring equity effectiveness
Panel Discussion: Equity dimensions of management effectiveness
Topic discussion :
- How can equity be quantified in management effectiveness
- Tools to measure equity (e.g. SAGE etc)
- How to improve effectiveness through participation and collaboration with stakeholders
Moderator : Dr. Cristina Eghenter (WWF-International)
1. Puan Anne Lasimbang (PACOS Trust)
2. Dr. Dolvina Damus (Forum Musyawarah Masyarakat Adat, FoMMA, Indonesia)
3. Dr. Gerald Jetony (Sabah Biodiversity Centre )
4. Phil Franks (IIED)
IPLC Group : Building Partnership and collaboration towards conservation
Objective : To seek ways in building partnership and networking with IPLC and other agencies in conservation
Mr. Mohd Azhan bin Azman represented SaBC.